Organizations that have professionally assertive and confident employees foster very high interpersonal relationships and this has a positive spin off effect on business results and the organizational brand.
‘Assertiveness is the ability to honestly express your opinions, feelings, attitudes and rights without undue anxiety…in away that does not infringe on the rights of others”
Assertive behavior promotes a feeling of self worth as it increases self confidence and improves positive attitude towards oneself and others.
Self-confidence and assertiveness are two skills that are crucial for success in personal life and career – it is quite frustrating and painful when we are unable to confidently express our self worth when communicating with others and this can bring about low self esteem and loss of confidence.
The following will be covered during the workshop: Definition of Assertiveness and Self confidence, Tips for building Assertiveness and Self Confidence , How to say “no “ without offending the other party, verbal and non-verbal communication , active listening techniques, tips for handling negativity and domineering behaviors , characteristics of assertive and non-assertive behaviors .
Broadly, participants will be equipped with some techniques that will dramatically change how they feel about themselves, and how they interact to get the things that they want
At the end of the program delegates will :
- Define Assertiveness, Self esteem and Self confidence and understand their importance in the communication process
- Understand the differences and links between, self-confidence, self-esteem and assertiveness
- Understand the benefits of assertiveness skills to them and their organizations and their role in embedding this critical skill
- Identify other behavioral styles ( Passive. Aggressive and passive aggressive) and their potential impact on organizational success
- Write and communicate in a consistently assertive manner that leaves powerful and positive impressions on others using appropriate tips and strategies
- Increase self esteem, self worth and overall quality of life leveraging appropriate self esteem development tips
- Say ‘no’ more effectively and confidently without sounding offensive
- Have a deeper understanding of the characteristics of assertive and non- assertive behaviors and their impact on individuals
- Have more positive interactions and resolve conflict more proactively and productively
- Be equipped with strategies and skills to respond more productively to negativity and overbearing people
- Know how to communicate more effectively using verbal and non-verbal cues
- Listen more actively and use their voice more effectively for impact
- Define the importance of goal setting, and practice setting SMART goals for assertive behavior