Coaching employees and teams is a critical deliverable for supervisors and managers in today’s workplace.
While there are clear differences between coaching and mentoring, the differences complement each other, making both must-have core skills . Together they are a powerful combination for developing a sustainable leadership pipeline and as such must be an integral part of organization’s learning and development strategy .
Research has shown that having effective coaching managers can help individuals and teams to achieve their full potentials, improve employee engagement and invariably, peak performance.
The program which is highly practical and interactive will cover the following topics: Definition of Coaching and Mentoring and the differences between them, The G.R.O.W Coaching Model, communication skills for effective coaching and mentoring, Performance improvement techniques, Characteristics of good mentors and coaches, mentoring and coaching millennials, key steps to coaching for optimal performance, elements of a good coaching session, Types of coaching, Giving and receiving feedback in a coaching and mentoring relationship, Best- in- class Coaching and Mentoring guidelines ,the importance of coaching and mentoring as a management skill and the roles of the coach / coachee and mentors / mentees will also be touched upon.
At the end of the program managers will :
- Define coaching and mentoring
- Understand the difference between coaching and mentoring and the appropriate time to use them
- Understand the full range of benefits of coaching and mentoring to the organization and their role in driving an effective coaching and mentoring process
- Use the G.R.O.W model to drive an effective coaching concersations
- Coach and mentor millennials more effectively for optimal performance
- Communicate more effectively and build enormous credibility and trust with coachees and mentees using appropriate tips
- Evaluate progress of the coachee/ mentee periodically , give and receive feedback in a more productive manner devoid of bitterness and anger
- Gain deeper insight into the characteristics of a good coach and the key steps in coaching for peak performance
- Understand the key elements of a good coaching and mentoring sessions and deploy same effectively.
- Increase the skill set and knowledge levels of the employees across board leveraging best –in –class coaching and mentoring guidelines
- Contribute significantly to organization performance outcomes with more skilled and engaged employees
- Overcome challenges that may impede the successful outcome of the coaching and mentoring initiatives by proactively developing strategies and actions for success