Today’s business world is information-driven. Irrespective of the type of business and size, communicating with people is a key imperative. One type of communication that is used almost everyday in the corporate world is business writing: Memos, Proposals, e-mails, Reports , Letters etc.
Communication is the soul of any business - clear , effective and professional communication can greatly enhance the organization’s brand and reputation. On the other hand, poor business writing skills can lead to loss of huge business opportunities and invariably , impact profitability adversely.
Effective writing skills can be honed and Dawn Rosenberg put this succinctly when he said-
‘Writing beautiful prose and poetry is a talent. Writing effectively, however, is a skill that can be learned’
The ability to write clearly and concisely is not an optional skill but a critical one.
The two day Business writing workshop is designed to equip delegates with top principles and techniques that will enable them write more professionally and effectively.
The workshop will cover the following :The five keys to effective business writing, Punctuation marks, spellings and Grammar, how to write professional letters, email, Reports, memos , proposals, proof reading and an overview of the business writing process
The workshop is highly practical and interactive and delegates will reinforce learning through a series of individual and team exercises.
The program is highly transformational and delegates are never going to write the same way again!
At the end of the program participants will;
- Explain the five steps in the writing process
- Understand the 5Cs of business writing and use them more effectively for better writing outcome
- Generate ideas using appropriate techniques
- Have a better understanding of the specific needs of the target audience and align their ideas accordingly
- Proof read a document for spelling errors, grammar and punctuation marks
- Write concisely , use the right tone, eliminate negative emotions and make their writing more impactful and easy to understand
- Write professional letters, e-mail, Report of various kinds, memo, proposals in a manner that meets the expectation of the audience at all times.
- Deploy important skills of revising, formatting, editing, and proofreading
- Communicate better with peers and colleagues through writing –influence them better and sell ideas
- Take charge of their career and gain confidence by developing and enhancing this life skill
- Understand and use top writing principles and techniques that helps to produce a professional document that the reader is eager to read and act upon.