Interpersonal skills are used daily in our personal and professional lives when we interact with people. However, positive interactions do not just happen , they are underpinned by very good interpersonal skills - Getting work done can be extremely challenging when you don't "click" with people.
Good interpersonal skills helps promote good working relationships and motivate teams for peak performance . That's why strong interpersonal skills are as important as technical skills in the workplace regardless of position.
Interpersonal skills include a wide variety of skills like communication skills, Assertiveness, conflict resolution, Emotional Intelligence, problem solving, decision making skills, Negotiation and Influence.
Without good interpersonal skills it is often more difficult to develop other important life skills. It is highly sought after by employees in today’s workplace where collaboration and team work is very critical to organizational success
At the end of the program participants will
- Have a better understanding of what Interpersonal skill is and why it is needed in the professional domain and in their personal lives
- Learn how to communicate with impact - verbally and non-verbally
- Recognize various communication barriers and reduce their impact on the communication process
- Be equipped with the requisite skills to communicate more effectively during a difficult conversation
- Learn how to use the principles of active listening for effective interactions and relationship building
- Improve their emotional intelligence by being able to identify and manage their emotions and the emotions of others
- Deal with difficult people assertively with good grace and resolve conflict with ease
- Create a harmonious working environment that increases productivity by establishing trust and giving effective feedback.
- Work with others to identify, define and solve problems and make beneficial decisions using key decision making tools
- Improve negotiation and persuasion skills that enhances working with others to find a mutually agreeable (Win/Win) outcome.
- Understand the Concept of “ Emotional bank account” and its significance in relationship building
- Leverage networking skills to enhance effective relationship building