In today’s competitive business landscape, where superior business performance is a key imperative, there is a strong business case for effective team work .
But teamwork doesn’t just happen. Teams have to be created, developed, and continuously nurtured. However, developing and leading effective teams is a core deliverable that require knowledge and specific skills to make happen.
This course is designed to provide participants with perspectives and skills that will help them build and manage high performing teams in their respective organizations.
Program will cover the following: Definition of team work and why it is important to organizations, Types of teams and how to manage them, team developmental stages, characteristics of an effective team/ team leader, the role of team leader and the role of team members , resolving conflict effectively and how to manage dysfunctional team dynamics, Managing team performance, Managing Diversity and virtual teams.
Various team building activities, role play, case studies , group discussions and exercises will be deployed to reinforce learning.
At the end of the program, participants will
- Have a better understanding the “team concept” and why it is important to organizations
- Leverage knowledge and skills acquired from the program to build more cohesive and productive teams
- Resolve conflict in teams more amicably and harness team diversity and inclusion more effectively
- Identify different types of teams and the stages of team development and its impact on team performance
- Acquire hands-on experience in building and leading teams in diverse contexts
- Manage team performance more effectively through aligning team goals to organizational objectives, recognizing and rewarding excellent performance
- Have a better insight on how to manage virtual teams
- Create and maintain a climate of trust through open and honest communication
- Deploy appropriate strategies to drive accountability across the team
- Manage change more effectively within the team by ensuring buy-in and commitment of all team members using best-in-class change management strategies/models