Emotional intelligence is a person’s ability to understand their own emotions and the emotions of others and to act appropriately using these emotions.
Emotional intelligence is a crucial component of leadership and it has five main elements such as - self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skills.
Emotional intelligence concept has gained a lot of prominence over the years as it is considered one of the best predicators of organizational success .
Research has shown that Emotional intelligence (EI) is more critical to performance than a combination of ability and technical skills.
Daniel Goleman , a renowned Emotional Intelligence expert puts this clearly when he said-
“We are being judged by a new yardstick; not just how smart we are, or by our training and expertise, but also how well handle ourselves and others”
The program will cover the five domains of Emotional intelligence and how to apply them to build stronger relationships within and outside the organization.
At the end of the program participants will:
- Define emotional intelligence and understand why it is important for workplace success
- Become better leaders, mentors , decision makers and coaches
- Differentiate between emotional intelligence and Intelligence Quotient
- Build and sustain solid relationships in and outside the work place by being able to understand and manage their own emotions and that of others .
- Have an in-depth understanding of the five elements of emotional intelligence and apply them in their daily interactions
- Communicate more effectively using active listening skills , written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Manage conflict more effectively , inspire and influence others to contribute more meaning fully to the achievement of organizational goals
- Master and apply key steps to developing a higher sense of emotional intelligence
- Be more self aware and increase the capability to control impulsive feelings / behaviors and control their emotions in healthy ways
- Understand the factors that influence emotions and how to deploy emotions for more productive outcomes
- Gain some insight into the characteristics of emotionally intelligent people and appropriate same
- Use humor and play to deal with challenging situations